Are you looking to change up your style?
With the 2010s coming to an end and the roaring 20s on the horizon, women's fashion is taking a page out of history's playbook — at least where hairstyles are concerned.
Like the flappers of yesteryear, hairstyles for women are going shorter, and, more than that, a little androgynous to boot.
Ready to mix up your look and prepare your hair for the 2020s, but aren't sure where to start? We've got you covered!
Here are five trendy hairstyles for women to help you ring in the next gorgeous decade.
1. The UndercutThis ultra-modern, trendy cut combines the beauty of loose curls with the androgynous style of the pixie cut. On top of that, there are plenty of ways to play around with the undercut, so no two cuts will ever be the same.
That said, the standard undercut involves a short, even buzzed, back and sides, with plenty of free-moving volume on top. So, you can revel in the freedom that comes with short hair, while still flaunting your hair's natural wave or curls.
The undercut is a visually striking, versatile, and super modern style that you're sure to love and the perfect cut for ringing in the next decade.
2. Voluminous PixieFor many, the pixie cut will always harken back images of the mid-90s. But, this super easy to maintain hairstyle has undergone a few upgrades since 1993.
2019 is all about the pumped-up, voluminous pixie. This classic short cut is now a little bit longer, giving you more hair real estate to play around with so you can create some striking, full and fluffy looks.
3. Vintage BobWhat would the 20s be without the classic bob?
If you glean any information about the immediate future of women's hairstyles, it should be that, like the fashion-forward women before us, we're having a gorgeous short-hair moment.
And, there's no short cut as charming as the traditional flapper-approved bob.
4. Mid-Length ShagWhile short cuts are undoubtedly in right now, they aren't for everyone.
If you're not ready to lop off all of your hair and would like to keep everything medium length, then now is the time to try out the androgynous mid-length shag.
This cut is less Clara Bow and more 70s punk, but with a bit of modern flair thrown in for good measure. While mid-length seems to be the preferred length for the shag cut, it looks just chic and bohemian at any length — it's all about the layers.
5. Curtain FringeFinally, the fringe has played a pretty significant role in 10s fashion, and they aren't ready to retire yet.
Curtain bangs are the latest and greatest in fringe fashion. These feather-light tresses part in the middle to frame the face. This cut gives you the style of fringe, without the super fun oily buildup that comes with covering your forehead with your hair.
The Best Trendy Hairstyles for WomenIf history has taught us anything, it's that hairstyles for women are an excellent indicator of cultural shifts.
The 2010s saw the rise of the long, beachy waves. But, as the world gears up for 2020, it seems like women everywhere are ready to chop their hair off again and start fresh.
Ready to bring one of these stunning styles to life? We can help.
Contact us for more information about our services, or to schedule an appointment today!
Allure Salon & Spa Tyabb